Love month is here!! And while not all ladies are into flowers, chocolates and fancy dates, there are still women like me who wants to celebrate Valentines out of the ordinary. I prefer going on an adventurous date. Something that is uncommon. Since Valentines day falls on a weekday, these ideas are perfect for the weekend.
- Horseback riding
- Dubai does not only offer camel riding but horse riding as well. Why not take your partner to Mushrif Park in Mirdif and experience a moonlit horse ride at the desert. It’s open for all levels of riders. You can check their website and find all the information there. Take advantage of the good weather and saddle up! After the ride you can relax and have a picnic at the park itself.
- Via Ferrata
- This one is a bit extreme. It involves a combination of rock climbing and zip lining. It’s a new attraction open in Ras Al Khaimah in Jebel Jais, UAE’s highest mountain. The course is divided into three along the facade of Jabal Jais and each have a zip line measuring 165 feet, 195 feet and 985 feet. You might want to book yourself a slot as early as today since it gets fully booked really fast.
- High Ropes Park in Mirdif
- A newly opened adventure park just near you. No need to go to Wadi Adventure just to challenge yourself to conquer your fear of heights. Aventura Nature Wonder Park is perfect for those Tarzan wanna be’s who love zip lining, climbing walls, rope courses and a lot more. Tell you what, I’ve tried the one in Wadi Adventure, I backed out. I tried the same thing in Hub Zero, I didn’t finish the whole course. Anything that involves walking on a hanging piece of wood or ropes or climbing is a big NO NO for me. But why don’t you try and see for yourself.
- Staycation in Tilal Liwa Hotel
- If camping in the middle of the desert is not your thing then why not spend quality time in a hotel in the middle of the desert instead? The hotel is so deserted there is nothing to see but the desert. Don’t get me wrong, I think it would be nice to lounge by the pool overlooking those mountainous and surreal desert. They offer variety of activities as well to keep you and your partner occupied. Ditch the normal weekend brunching and candle lit dinner in one of those expensive hotels. 😉
- Day out at Al Forsan
- This one is for couple who like to try all sort of things. They offer both indoor and outdoor activities. Cable park for wake boarding, kart racing, paint ball and even horse riding. For indoor activities, you can choose from gun range shooting, archery, art classes and even crafting! I bet a day is not enough to do all things.
I hope you like my list of adventure date ideas on Valentines day. If you have any other suggestions, comment below!